Our Geology and Rocks Lesson Plan engages students in the world of geology and describes the role of a geologist. The students will be able to identify the three types of rocks, and list characteristics for each. Leverage the power of the sensory system to help develop concept imagery as students examine various rocks to sketch and record their observations. This interactive lesson also develops analytical skills when students complete the process of filling in their Rock Observation Chart.
Our Geology and Rocks Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Geology and Rocks
- Types of Rocks (Sedimentary, Metamorphic, Igneous)
- Rock Observation Activity with Worksheet
- Crossword Puzzle
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!