The lesson introduces students to scientist and educator, George Washington Carver, who is best known for his work related to peanuts. However, his research and work has also been instrumental in assisting farmers with other types of crops. Many students may not be familiar with Carver, but he was an agricultural expert, and many farming strategies researched and developed by Carver are still used today. The lesson may be used in conjunction with Black History Month each February.
George Washington Carver Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about George Washington Carver
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!