Introduce students to Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address with our interactive Gettysburg Address Lesson Plan. This lesson provides engaging activities to summarize, identify reasons for, orally present, and define selected vocabulary from, the Gettysburg Address. Generalize understanding by challenging students to consider how to deliver the speech to a younger audience, and engage critical thinking as students explore personal meaning from the speech.
Gettysburg Address Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Gettysburg Address.
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on determining the definition of specific words and historical information.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!