The lesson introduces students to the Great Wall of China and its place in world history, the origins of the wall, and facts about the Great Wall. Many students may never have heard of the Great Wall of China, and this may be their first exposure to it. The teacher may also choose to compare it to other walls built as boundary lines between countries and cities throughout the world and in history. A video from the additional resources is highly recommended for students to view the Great Wall as it has developed today as a tourist attraction.
Great Wall of China Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the Great Wall of China
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!