The lesson introduces students to Greek and Latin prefixes, suffixes, and root words, which make up a large part of the English language. Most students will be quite familiar with prefixes and suffixes, but may not know their origins and meanings. Understanding the origins will help students increase their vocabulary, define difficult words, and give them a new appreciation for the English language. It will be helpful for students that teachers distribute an extensive list of the roots and affixes showing examples
Greek/Latin Affixes & Roots Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Greek/Latin Affixes & Roots
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on identifying and using Greek/Latin Affixes & Roots
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!