The lesson introduces students to Harriet Tubman, including information about the Underground Railroad. The information will be inspirational for many students, and the lesson is perfect for Black History or Women’s History Months. It is highly recommended teachers use one or more of the videos listed among the additional resources. The lesson may also be used with lessons related to slavery, the Underground Railroad, and the Civil War.
Harriet Tubman Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Harriet Tubman
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!