Now that your students can effectively collect data, they need to learn ways to present that data so others can quickly and easily understand it. The lesson introduces students to histograms, a visual representation of numerical statistical data. Students will review the steps to collecting, organizing, and analyzing data. Activity and practice sheets provide students with an opportunity to collect data and create their own histograms. A suggested homework assignment and quiz for assessment are also included with the lesson. The lesson will be most effective when used with other lessons pertaining to data collection and graphing.
Histograms Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Histograms
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on comparing and contrasting Histograms
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grade 6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!