The lesson discusses the history of transportation with the students from the invention of the wheel to future space travel. Most people, including kids, take transportation for granted and are unaware of the history behind the different methods of land, seas, and air transportation. The students should find the information interesting and will appreciate the development of transportation throughout history. It is recommended that the use the available videos in the resources to enhance the lesson.
History of Transportation Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about History of Transportation
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!