The lesson introduces students to the wide variety of places throughout the world people call a house or home. Many young students do not realize that everyone does not live in a house or apartment like theirs, and a home in another part of the world may be much different. However, it is stressed that regardless of the physical design of a living space, it is still a home to those who live there, and the size and location does not change that fact or make anyone better, worse, good, or bad. It is highly recommended teachers use the additional resources to present images of homes from around the world to their students. The lesson may be used in conjunction with lessons related to different cultures or other similar topics.
Homes of the World Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the Homes of the World
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!