The lesson introduces students to several types of inconsistencies in the spelling and pronunciations of many words they read each day. They include words with silent letters, word endings, diphthongs, variant vowels, hard and soft g/c, and homophones. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other related early-reading lessons and with classroom resources.
Identifying Inconsistent Spelling/Sounds Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Identifying Inconsistent Spelling/Sounds
- Hands-on homework activities giving students plenty of practice Identifying Inconsistent Spelling/Sounds
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grade 2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!