The lesson begins by defining an inequality and reminds students that they solve inequalities just like equations. Then the lesson discusses the two ways inequalities are different from equations. First, they use different symbols and second, solving an inequality means finding all of its solutions. New symbols are introduced in the lesson. Graphing inequalities is also covered in the lesson.
Inequalities Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Inequalities
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice learning Inequalities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!