The lesson explores the difference between multiplying a whole number by a fraction and multiplying a whole number by a number greater than one. The lesson demonstrates with visual aides how numbers change as they are multiplied. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other math lessons related to multiplication.
Interpreting Multiplication Scaling Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Interpreting Multiplication Scaling
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Interpreting Multiplication Scaling
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grade 5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!