Our Introduction to a Map Lesson Plan familiarizes students with the definition of a map and its parts, using cardinal directions, and reading a map. This lesson solidifies understanding with a simple map creation activity using provided supplies. Bridge to modern technology by establishing the connection of maps to the use of GPS on phones or in automobiles.
Introduction to a Map Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Map.
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice in determining how to read a map, create a simple map, etc.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!