Introduce your students to exponents using this lesson. The lesson defines relevant vocabulary like exponent, base, squared and cubed. Scientific notation is also introduced and practiced using the included activity sheets. The lesson can be used in conjunction with lessons about multiplication or decimals.
Introduction to Exponents Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Exponents
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice with Exponents
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!