This interesting lesson introduces the students to several important inventions from many years ago and from the recent past. The students will also be asked to brainstorm with peers to develop on paper a new invention that could be used today and/or in the future. It is important for students to understand that everything manmade had to come from an idea first, and then it was developed usually over time. They also learn about the need for new inventions.
Inventors and Inventions Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Inventors and Inventions.
- Hands-on homework activities to reinforce their knowledge and understanding of Inventors and Inventions.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!