The lesson introduces students to the Jamestown settlement in 1607 and its significance to America and the original 13 colonies. Most students are aware of the 13 Original Colonies but often know little about the first permanent English settlement in North America. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to colonies, the British, or other similar social studies lessons. It is recommended teachers use some of the worksheets from the additional resources to enhance learning.
Jamestown Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Jamestown
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!