The lesson introduces students to the 35th President of the United States, John F. Kennedy. The students will learn about Kennedy’s accomplishments and contributions as President of the U.S. The lesson includes some background of the Kennedy family, as well as some of the events Kennedy had to confront during his presidency including the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis. Finally, the events surrounding Kennedy’s assassination are reviewed as part of the lesson. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to Presidents of the U.S. or civil rights.
John F. Kennedy Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about John F. Kennedy
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!