Many people, including students, are unfamiliar with the workings of the judicial branch of the government. Knowledge of the branch is usually related to decisions of the Supreme Court, or if one encounters the local or state court system, they learn of its role in society. For older students, holding mock hearings, allowing students to be judges, and other role-playing activities is strongly recommended.
Judicial Branch Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Judicial Branch
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!