Most students are familiar with some parts of the world of politics and government, but are usually unsure of the two parts that make up Congress, the House and the Senate. They may hear Congress men or women, senators, and representatives speak on television but may not truly understand their role in the government. The lesson may be used in conjunction with lessons related to the other branches of government.
Legislative Branch Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Legislative Branch
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!