The lesson is primarily related to the 2-year Lewis and Clark expedition across America exploring the west to the Pacific Ocean and back again. Many students may have heard of the expedition but are not aware of the impact it had on the United States. The lesson also includes a summary of the Louisiana Purchase. Students can “travel” with the explorers and learn about places, discoveries, and the people they encountered. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to explorers or westward expansion. The lesson is only an overview of the journey, and it is suggested the additional resources be accessible to the class.
Lewis and Clark Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Lewis and Clark
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!