The lesson introduces students to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln and the circumstances leading to and following the event. Students should be well-aware of Lincoln’s assassination, but not know the full story or the facts surrounding his death. The Internet has many resources related to the assassination, but teachers should carefully review the reliability of those they choose to use with the class. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to the presidents or the Civil War.
Lincoln’s Assassination Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Lincoln’s Assassination
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!