Our Literary Techniques Lesson Plan serves as an excellent introduction, review or student reference resource of commonly used literary techniques. Students will understand the purpose of literary techniques and be able to define and identify common techniques used in stories, poems, and dramas, as well as implement a variety of literary techniques in their writing. Understanding is solidified as students creatively utilize each type of literary technique for another student to accurately identify and label.
Literary Techniques Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- The lesson is an overview of the many literary techniques or devices students will use when reading and interpreting stories, poems, novels, dramas, and more.
- The lesson includes frequently used techniques, and others can also be found in the additional resources.
- The lesson can be used as an introduction or as a review, or can be used throughout the school year as a reference source for students.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!