Long division is a method for solving division problems with two or more digits. It is important that students have a strong grasp on their multiplication facts before introducing long division. This lesson provides several examples of the steps of long division with a single digit as the divisor. The lesson also demonstrates examples with and without remainders.
Long Division Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Long Division
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Long Division
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!