Teach the application of the long division algorithm to solving multidigit division problems with our interactive Long Division Lesson Plan. This lesson reiterates associated vocabulary and provides ample practice opportunities to ensure understanding. Implementing a game to drive continued practice, students get immediate feedback on their answer accuracy; while leveraging peer learning in small groups solidifies confidence and understanding.
Long Division Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Long Division.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on determining the definition of long division, examples of long division with and without remainder, etc.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!