The lesson introduces students to the Louisiana Purchase which became significant for the westward expansion of the United States. Many of the students may be familiar with the westward expansion, the Lewis and Clark Expedition, and the Gold Rush, but may not be fully aware of how the Louisiana Purchase is related to the events. Using “before and after” maps, and displaying the growth of the U.S. during the 1800s, is highly recommended for teachers to use with students during the lesson.
Louisiana Purchase Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Louisiana Purchase
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!