Though many of the students are familiar with GPS directions to places, it is important for students to learn how to read the different types of maps. The lesson should be used to expand the knowledge students may already have about maps. It includes a summary of the different types of maps, their usefulness, and other characteristics of maps, and of course how to read the maps and their features.
Map Reading Skills Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Map Reading Skills
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Map Reading Skills
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!