The lesson introduces students to the great Civil Rights leader, Martin Luther King. Students are taken on a journey of King’s life, and will learn about the significance, influence, and impact he had on America during his time as a leader for the Civil Rights movement in America during the 1950s and 1960s. Most students are aware of MLK Day being celebrated each year, but may not know the story behind this incredible role model and leader, and how his words and actions have changed many lives. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to Civil Rights.
Martin Luther King Jr Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Martin Luther King
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!