An algebraic expression is any mathematical calculation combining numbers and variables. The lesson breaks down the parts of an algebraic expression so students can work with the expressions without having to worry about solving them. Vocabulary like constant, coefficient, and operator are defined within the lesson, along with other relevant algebraic terms.
Math Expressions Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Math Expressions
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Math Expressions
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!