Data collection and statistics are important math skills your students may already be using without even realizing it. This lesson about measures of center will give your students the knowledge to determine the mean, median, mode and range of a set of numbers. The lesson includes an activity which requires students to collect data, helping you to easily connect this lesson to a science lesson as well as math. The lesson includes age appropriate websites for student use, a suggested homework assignment, and quiz for assessment.
Measures of Center Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Measures of Center
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Measures of Center
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!