Our hands-on Mental Math 10 More or Less Lesson Plan engages concept imagery and leverages sensory stimulation to develop mental math skills in young students. Reinforcing vocabulary, identifying the mental math strategy for adding or subtracting 10, and providing ample practice problems anchors the concept of mental math as an efficient strategy and allows students to develop comfort and skill using mental math. Solidify understanding as students generalize their skills to common scenarios where mental math is more helpful.
Mental Math 10 More or Less Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about mental math strategies.
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on using mental math to add or subtract 10.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!