Our Mental Math Lesson Plan introduces various strategies to guide students through the process of solving math calculations and performing math reasoning in their mind. The strategies presented are reinforced with opportunities for students to develop confidence in their accuracy by practicing problems with and without using mental math strategies, as well as group discussion on how they used a particular strategy.
Mental Math Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Mental Math.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on how to calculate mathematical problems in their head using different strategies.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!