If you are looking for ways to help your students improve their mental math skills, this is the lesson for you. Your students can probably already complete basic math problems like 1+1 in their heads, and this lesson will introduce them to patterns they can use to add and subtract larger numbers with ease. The topic is introduced using charts, so students have a visual to aide their understanding. Practice pages, a suggested homework assignment, and a quiz for assessment are included with the lesson. Interactive links are also included so you can add technology to your lesson.
Mentally Add/Subtract Using 10 and 100 Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Mentally Add/Subtract Using 10 and 100 Lesson Plan
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!