The lesson introduces students to the famous artist Michelangelo, his artwork, and his impact on the art world. A biography of Michelangelo is presented as part of the lesson, including his various apprenticeships and Christian artwork. Michelangelo’s most famous works are described with photographs, including the Sistene Chapel, David and The Pieta. The lesson may be used as a history of art topic, or in conjunction with lessons related to other artists or the Renaissance.
Michelangelo Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Michelangelo
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!