Continue expanding student exposure to area and perimeter with our More Area and Perimeter Lesson Plan. This lesson presents how to use formulas for area and perimeter of a rectangle and square to find the area and perimeter of L-shaped and other similar figures. With interactive activities students engage their sensory system as they solidify the concepts and see how to cut figures into smaller shapes and find missing measurements needed to determine the area and perimeter of the initial figure.
More Area and Perimeter Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about More Area and Perimeter.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on determining how to use the formulas to find the area and perimeter of different figures.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!