The lesson introduces the students to Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world. The lesson includes interesting facts, details, and information about climbing Everest, and the people who have climbed the mountain. The lesson may also be used to show students that challenges can be overcome through hard work and effort. They may not have the opportunity to climb Mt. Everest, but many students have an “Everest” they may one day face in their own lives. The lesson may be used in conjunction with a lesson related to land formations or the challenges children face each day in their lives.
Mount Everest Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Mount Everest
- Hands-on homework activities learning more on Mount Everest
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!