The lesson explains how to solve multi-step inequalities. Students are reminded they must solve each side of the equation down to a single number before they can compare them. The lesson briefly reviews greater than (<) and less than (>) signs. Several examples of how to solve each side of the inequality equation are provided. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to solving equations.
Multi-Step Inequalities Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Multi-Step Inequalities
- Hands-on homework activities giving students plenty of practice on Multi-Step Inequalities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!