The lesson is designed to assist your students when dividing large numbers. Initially, the lesson reviews division vocabulary such as dividend, divisor and quotient. Then the lesson provides step by step instruction for solving large number division problems using place value. Students should be familiar with long division before working on this lesson. The lesson can be used in conjunction with other math lessons related to division.
Multidigit Arithmetic – Division Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Multidigit Arithmetic – Division
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Multidigit Arithmetic – Division
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grade 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!