Students are aware of writers using different points of view in stories, books, essays, and other types of writings. However, this lesson is focused on how that point of view influences a reader’s perspective of events in a book or story. Students can usually identify the point of view, whether it is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person; however, they often do not understand the influence it may have on readers. The lesson does review author’s point of view and can be used in conjunction with other related lessons.
Narrator/Speaker’s Influence Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Narrator/Speaker’s Influence
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on being an influential speaker/narrator
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!