The lesson introduces students to the history of NASA and the space program in the United States. Most students are aware of space flight, journeys to the moon, and exploration of the planets, but do not know the full history of NASA. The lesson discusses the origins of NASA and the beginnings of space exploration in the U.S. In addition, the technology of the space program, which has influenced the everyday life of people throughout the world, are highlighted. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to astronomy.
NASA History Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about NASA History
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!