The lesson introduces students to Native American Pow Wows, their origins, and other interesting and relevant information about the ceremonies and dances. Many people misunderstand the history of the Pow Wow and there is often misinformation or myths about the dances. Most young students will enjoy learning about the Pow Wows and teachers may also want to teach students the basic steps of some of the dances included using one or more of the additional resources for students to view samples of Pow Wows. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to Native Americans.
Native American Pow Wows Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Native American Pow Wows
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!