The lesson begins with a brief summary of the Depression, and then introduces students to the New Deal and its implications for the United States and its citizens. The lesson focuses on President Roosevelt and how he worked hard to restore American’s faith in banks and helped restore the economy. Additionally, the lesson includes the “alphabet” of organizations and agencies created during Roosevelt’s New Deal. Practice sheets are included to help familiarize students with the plethora of vocabulary included in the lesson. It is highly recommended students receive an opportunity to view video clips from the Depression period as it relates to the New Deal.
New Deal Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the New Deal
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!