Patterns are all around us. Your students see them in art, on floor tiles, in plants, and many more places. The lesson helps students identify mathematical patterns. It also introduces your students to related vocabulary, such as set, term, and rule. The lesson contains multiple examples to help students find a pattern and then determine the rule for the pattern. The homework assignment included with the lesson uses cross-curricular topics to help students apply their new skill of finding patterns to other topics. A quiz for assessment is also included. The lesson will be most effective when used with other lessons related to patterns.
Number Patterns Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Number Patterns
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on comparing and contrasting Number Patterns
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!