The lesson introduces students to the history of the Olympics, its origins, and the differences between the ancient Olympic Games and the modern games. Many students become interested in the Olympics, especially if they participate in one of the Olympic sports, or they may simply enjoy the ceremonies, activities and other events related to the games. The lesson may be used during Olympic years, in conjunction with an Ancient Greece lesson, or other content related to countries of the world. It is recommended the PE teacher become involved and perhaps introduce students to some of the Olympic events, and students may participate in them during a PE class.
Olympic History Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Olympic History
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!