Explain the application of the commutative, associate, and identity properties of addition with our Operation Properties Lesson Plan. This lesson prepares students to both create and identify fact families with a fun, interactive dice activity. Engage peer learning as students identify inaccuracies when checking their partner’s work. Develop analytical skills when exploring why certain hand gestures are used for each addition property.
Operation Properties Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Operation Properties.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on determining and applying the commutative, associate, and identity properties of addition.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!