In this lesson students will learn about opinions, the difference between opinion and fact and learn to write a simple opinion paper. The lesson has a couple of beneficial additions for third graders and possibly some second graders. Third graders should learn about and add to their writing examples for each reason they give. Examples are mentioned briefly in the lesson pages but more help can be found in the additional resources below. It is also a possibility for older students to write a poem instead of a paragraph for their activity.
Opinion Writing Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Opinion Writing
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on identifying and using Opinion Writing
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!