The lesson instructs students to put fractions in order from smallest to largest if the numerators are the same. The definitions of numerator and denominator are reviewed at the beginning of the lesson. Several illustrated examples are given to enhance students’ understanding of the concept. The lesson can be used in conjunction with other lessons about fractions.
Order Fractions with Like Numerators Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Order Fractions with Like Numerators
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Order Fractions with Like Numerators
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 2-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!