Our 13 Original Colonies Lesson Plan identifies the 13 original colonies of the United States, characteristics and founders of each, as well as other related information. As students compare and contrast the colonies, they develop their critical thinking skills and written expression. This interactive lesson also engages creativity as students devise a pneumonic for the order of the 13 colonies, as well as collaborative learning when students pair up to design a booklet.
13 Original Colonies Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the 13 Original Colonies
- 13 Original Colonies Practice Worksheets
- 13 Original Colonies Word Problem worksheet
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!