This interesting lesson introduces students to paraphrasing selections of text correctly. The students will also learn the difference between summarizing and paraphrasing. In addition, plagiarism is discussed and reasons are given why it’s wrong to plagiarize another person’s work. Due to technology, plagiarism today has become an issue in many schools at all grade levels. It is important for students to recognize the problems with plagiarism, and using paraphrasing can be an effective tool to combat the issue.
Paraphrasing Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Paraphrasing
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on identifying and using Paraphrasing
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!