This interesting lesson introduces students to the differences between physical and chemical changes. The lesson also includes the related vocabulary and physical and chemical properties of various substances. Many students may be aware of changes in matter, such as solid to liquid, liquid to gas, etc., but may not fully understand the science behind the changes and the differences between the chemical and physical changes involved. The teacher is encouraged to do as many hands-on activities or demonstrations as possible to enhance understanding. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other chemistry-related lessons.
Physical Chemical Changes Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Physical Chemical Changes.
- Hands-on homework activities to reinforce their knowledge and understanding of Physical Chemical Changes.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!