The lesson introduces students to Pocahontas and the myths and facts about her life as it relates to Jamestown and the colonists from England. Most children will have heard of this princess through popular movies and books, however, may not understand her significance in history. Teachers must know that various Internet sites may use different facts. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to Jamestown, the colonies, or famous women in history.
Pocahontas Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Pocahontas
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!